March 21, 2013
8:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Mackinac Room at the Anderson House Office Building (5th Floor)
124 North Capitol Avenue
Lansing, MI 48933
Parking ramps are available on both Capitol Avenue (just north of the Anderson House building and near LCC) or the Grand near the Radisson (corner of Ottawa and Grand, east of the Anderson House building). A and B highlighted on the map (see link below) are the closest.
$40.00 advance payment required
Credit card payments accepted via PayPal upon registration
This program will provide a unique forum for Michigan suppliers, including chemical manufacturers, to learn about opportunities in the emerging field of advance battery manufacturing.
Co-produced by: NextEnergy and the Michigan Chemistry Council
Supported by: Pure Michigan Business Connect & Lansing Economic Area Partnership (LEAP)
8:30 – 9:00 a.m.
Registration and breakfast
9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Dan Radomski, VP, New Market Services, NextEnergy
Michigan Assets and Investments in the Advanced Energy Storage Systems Cluster
- Tim Slusser, Technology Development Manager, Cluster Development Team, Michigan Economic Development Corporation- MEDC
Domestic Opportunities and Market Forecasts in the Li Ion Advanced Energy Storage Systems Cluster
- Kelly Jezierski, Program Manager, NextEnergy
Next-Generation (Beyond Li Ion) Advanced Energy Storage Systems Cluster Developments
- Roland Kibler, Director and Chief Technologist, NextEnergy
Presentations and Q&A: Battery Cell/Pack Procurement Leads Discuss Needs for Localizing Supply Chain
- Moderator: Dan Radomski, VP, New Markets, NextEnergy
- Advanced Battery Concepts, Ed Shaffer, CEO and Founder
- Dow Kokam, Paul Corby, Global Director of Supply Chain & Purchasing
- Navitas Systems, LLC, Mike Wixom, Senior Technical Director
Lunch and networking
Presentations and Q&A: Learn from Existing Battery Material Suppliers
- Moderator: Catherine Meuwissen, BARR Engineering, Board Member of Michigan Chemistry Council
- BASF, Mike Scarpati, Adv Battery Industry Manager
- Dow Energy Materials, Christopher Jones, Commercial Director
- SoulBrain MI, Allen S. Ibara, CEO
- TODA America, Jose Garrido, Plant Manager
- XG Sciences, Robert M. Privette, VP, Energy Markets
Keynote: Rationale, Direction and Results from the U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE’s) Vehicle Technologies Program: Li Ion Chemistries and Beyond
- Dr. Peter Faguy, Technical Expert, U.S. DOE, Energy Storage R&D
- Cynthia G. Schulz, CEO, Michigan Chemistry Council
*Agenda subject to change